Wednesday 9 January 2013

Plan for my music magazine pictures

Since deciding on the genre of my magazine, I knew what type of pictures I wanted to take and the type of person I wanted it to be. 

As my magazine genre is rock, rock bands and artists are usually male so I wanted my front cover to have a picture of a male artist on the front stood in the middle. I also wanted my double page spread and main story to be about the male on the front of the front cover.

The pictures that I took of my male artist were first done in his bedroom, I wanted to create a more natural feel to his story as it is about his life, however later on once I had put them on one of the drafts I noticed that it didn't look professional or like a real life magazine so I decided to crop the pictures out and in the end they did look much better. However, on some of the pictures I didn't have to crop my artist out. This is because I took some pictures of him outside but it still looked professional. We decided to take some outside because it represents just a normal person in the same world as everyone else. 

Other than my pictures of my artist. I wanted to get pictures of real bands also to put into my magazine. I knew I was going to a You Me At Six concert so I decided to take some pictures there and if they were good enough, i'd use them too. I wanted to use pictures of a real life band as it makes it seem much more realistic than just fake artists and bands that have been made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment