Saturday 23 February 2013

Magazines that have inspired my music magazine





Kerrang! magazine
Kerrang! magazine was the magazine that inspired mine the most. I like the look of the front cover especially as it seems as though there is so much going on although it still looks attractive. 

I also chose to look at Kerrang! Magazine for some ideas and inspiration because it is for the rock genre and so is my magazine. I think it was important to look at a magazine in the same genre because different genres have different features and specific 'looks' about them. E.g. you wouldn't have bright girly colours for a rock magazine and you wouldn't have darker boy-ish colours for a pop magazine. 

On the front cover of the Kerrang! magazine I was looking at was the 'YOU ME AT SIX' one on the top right. The yellow writing really stood out and appealed to me so I decided to try it on mine to see if it would go with the background. 

I like the way the masthead is being covered by the picture of the band member in front. To me, this shows that the magazine must be popular enough for people to see the style of the magazine without having to read the title and to know that it is the Kerrang! magazine. I also find the mixture of the different fonts used attractive as it doesn't look plain and uninteresting. 

The title really appealed to me. This is because of the lines that are running through it. This seemed like a really good idea, so this is what inspired my title. 



No comments:

Post a Comment