Saturday 2 February 2013

Second draft - double page spread of my music magazine - page one



This is the first page of my double page spread (second draft). When I looked over my last draft of the double page spread I realised that I needed to change quite a lot about it.  

Firstly, I changed the background colour. I think that this was the most important thing to do as you couldn't read at all what the text was saying. This was because of the dark colour with another quite dark colour. I changed it to white because it is obviously a colour that you could read any other colour clearly on it. 

I kept the same picture and put it on the right hand side of the page. I wrote the next next to the picture with it 'hugging' going around the picture's shape. I think this looks more appealing compared to block text.

I also used a different quote at the top of my page, I did this so because this quote is quite funny but still very serious. I wanted it to really catch the readers attention and being kicked out of your 
own gig is obviously a very serious problem. 

I used the colour scheme red and black as I think these colours go really well together. Like the other pages, I used different fonts so that it wouldn't just be consistent, boring and too plain. I put 'LUKE CONFESSES' over the top of the picture because the reader will be dragged to the text as they are looking at the picture. Also, the word 'confesses' will hopefully draw the reader in because it is like they are being told a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment