Monday 19 November 2012

Publication Plan



Name of magazine: Resonance
Font of name: "Cracked"
Positioning statement: Front cover: I want my front cover to have a bold title at the top of the page, above the title I want to put a strip with writing on it that will try to really grab the readers attention. I would like to put a full-body shot of my artist in the middle in the page but his head on top of the writing as I like the effect it gives as it seems like the magazine is so popular. I would like to put writing and quotes down either side of the picture too and then have the barcode, issue number, price and date at the bottom of the page.
contents page: I would like to have a picture at the top with writing over the top saying what's inside this week. I would then like to have a couple of pictures down one side and the rest of the space to have the writing.
Double page spread: I would like to have a picture covering the whole of one page with writing on top and another picture on the other page but leaving room for writing around it. I want to put a pull quote in at the bottom of one of the pages also and then on the other page have website details. 
Frequency of publication: One magazine per week
Price: £2.40  
Distribution: Internationally, in local shops and supermarkets
Rationale (what is the thinking behind the magazine- have you identified a gap in the market?): I wanted to create a rock magazine as my favourite music genre is rock. However, from research i've noticed that there are not very many rock magazines out and not all of them are international like I want my magazine to be. I also want it to be aimed at quite a wide target audience as the rock magazines that are out are based for either only teenagers or adults.
Style: Rock music magazine. 
Regular content:  4 double page spreads about major stories for that week, free posters, interviews with band members, news about their lives in general, festival and gig information and weekly competitions
Feature content in your issue: A double-page spread interview with an artist who has had trouble from when he was a young rock-star. He believed that drinking every night would take away all of his worries and help him have fun however, later he realises that drink was his only problem and he noticed that it was coming before his family and friends and also, he finds himself waking up in hospital after a major incident.  
House style: What font will you use? Will it be the same for articles/headings/captions:
I want to use different fonts for the whole of my magazine, this is to make it look more interesting and exciting. I don't want it to look too consistent all the way through as that may seem a bit boring. However, on the same page I don't want it to be lots of different fonts, I would like a maximum of three different fonts on the same page. 
I want the colour scheme to be blue, yellow and black. I like these colours and think they match quite well with eachother. I also think they go with the genre of the magazine which is rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment